Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The "Bush"-Whacked Administration: We have the top political quotes

For all of you Quote Mongering Birds out there, I have bird feeders full of quotes(and bad analogies) from 2007, but here are four of my favorite quotes identified by  The "Bush"-Whacked Administration blog.

  • “Put your big-girl panties on.” – Education Secretary Margaret Spellings' advice to deputy White House press secretary Dana Perino, who replaced Tony Snow as White House press secretary (Meowwwww
  • “Dumb as hell.” –President Richard Nixon, on tape, talking about Fred Thompson (Being called dumb by Nixon? That’s gotta hoit)
  • “I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Vice President Dick Cheney) who has a 9% approval rating.” – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Ouch)
  • “(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom.” Senator Larry Craig trying to explain why his foot touched the foot of an undercover police officer in an airport men's room known for gay pick-ups (Gonna take me another 2 weeks to get that image out of my head…)

    The "Bush"-Whacked Administration: We have the top political quotes

  • There are more, but I thought these were the most humorous.  In truth, most of the notable quotes that relate to the Bush Administration just are not terribly funny giving the seriousness of how much the administration has failed over the last 7 years.  After that much failure, bad quotes just ads insult to injury.

    Now that said, I suspect that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid might have said, “I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Vice President Dick Cheney) who has a first name of Dick.”

    No comments: