Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Television Evangelism- Huckabee's Next Career?

Coming out of the latest Super Tuesday, Mike Huckabee's Presidential campaign is over.  It seems unlikely that John McCain will pick him as a Vice President, and that then pushes many of us to speculate about his future.

He doesn't strike me as the type that will retire to Florida and join a wine club and start playing golf every day.  If I had to guess, I would say that he is going to return to his roots in evangelism.  I would not be surprised at all to see him become a television evangelist or possibly create a subset of the Republican Party to pull Christian Conservatives back to their Christian roots.

Don't get me wrong, I do not see that as a positive thing.  Christians have allowed themselves to be led astray by the Bush Administration.  They have some hard lessons to learn about politicians that pander.  I suspect that one result could be a fraction of the Republican Party.  If John McCain becomes President, I could definitely see a schism coming down the road.

No comments: