Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kucinich Offers Impeachment Resolution for Bush

So I was flipping the channels and came across CSPAN, despite being accused of political junkyness from time to time, I do not watch a lot of CSPAN.

However, tonight was exceptional in that Dennis Kucinich was reading a 35 article calling for the Impeachment of George W Bush in the House of Representatives, which will have to be decided up on within the next 2 business days.

Democrats in Congress do not want to Impeach George W Bush for obvious reasons, they've supported him for 7 + years. Republicans are in no better shape than their Democratic partners on the other side of the aisle.

Despite the 2006 election which gave political power to Democrats to end the war and Impeach Bush among other items, Nancy Pelosi promptly seized control of the House of Representatives and promised to keep George W Bush in office as long as possible to further the goals of the Democratic Party.

Apparently, every day that Bush stays in office is one more day that the United States as a country is further despoiled. The cumulative effect is that the country will be so thoroughly waisted come November of 2008 that voters will be slightly more likely to choose more Democrats to continue the work they started in 2006 (not keeping Bush in office this time, but making life miserable for Republicans, the country be damned.)

I apologize if these prose do not drip with sarcasm, but it was actually uplifting to here someone read articles of impeachment against the President, finally.

People sometimes ask me why I do not support Democrats. The answer is that they do not have the fortitude to stand up for their convictions and our country more often than not. The perfect example of this is manifest in the lack of actions by the Democratically controlled Congress and especially in Nancy Pelosi (May Cindy Sheehan still have a chance of defeating her some day...).

Yes, it is true that Democrats can make it pretty far with political dirty tricks and underhanded slights, but there does come a point where you have to stand up and put your money where your mouth is. This was one of the reasons why I was slowly coming around to backing Hillary Clinton. She seemed to slowly be shedding her 34 years of experience at corruption and was starting to stand up for her beliefs. Dennis Kucinich, tonight definitely stood up for his beliefs. I have yet to see Barack Obama stand up for his beliefs at all and that includes his belief that he should be President.

I'm not necessarily looking for someone that will unilaterally take a position and hold stubbornly to it come hell or high water or Katrina or all of the above, that's a Bushism. However, I do want to see people take a stand and say, "This is what I am for, and this is why." I then want to see them defend that position and strike out to achieve the goals inherent in the position. I would not tie an absolute to it though, so if they get a better idea from somewhere along the way, then stand up and say, "This is now what I stand for and why I changed my mind."



The press pundits believe that Kucinich's resolution for impeachment of the President will not have support in Congress, neither at the House level nor at the Senate level.



So here is the real dirty secret behind what appears on the surface to be a shame, the shame is on us. If we do not pressure our politicians and representatives to support the resolution for impeachment then, we today, are choosing to keep President Bush in office again.



Today, tomorrow and Wednesday, could be our last chance to get Bush out of office a little sooner and help our country and the world start healing. If we do nothing, we are endorsing George W Bush and his administration yet again, and we are endorsing Congress to change nothing.



It is expected that within less than 30 days, oil prices will hit $150 a barrell and gas prices will hit $5 a gallon. It is now possible that gas will even hit $8 a gallon by Christmas. That's right, gas prices could double before the year is out. If you re feeling pain at the pump, paying $80 - $150 to fill up your vehicle, imagine paying $150 - $300 for a single fill up.



If you can afford that, then do nothing. If you think our economy can afford that, then do nothing. If you think that those types of prices, will encourage and ENABLE people to switch to alternative energy options that have not been rolled out en mass yet, then do NOTHING.



I don't drive everyday, and I can't afford it. I can't afford for our economy to get any worse than it is already getting. I can't afford to see my fellow Veterans hung out to dry both here in the US and deployed around the world. I can't afford to watch George W Bush and his administration make another mistake that will harm this country even more.



Now, even though I feel that Dennis Kucinich is an unlikely champion for the American People, he is the only one that was brave enough to stand up and call for the impeachment of the person responsible for so many problems that have struck this country in the last 8 years. So, I for one am calling my Representative in the morning (a Republican no less) and I will tell him that I do support this Resolution ad want to see the Resolution for impeachment advanced for debate in the House of Representatives. I want this if for not other reason than to give George W Bush a chance at a fair hearing. He needs it as much as the rest of us, otherwise he will be questioned and ridiculed by history for decades. If he is not responsible for the ailments that are specified in the resolution, then I want to hear the defense and see how this can be possible.



The pessimist in me feels that the Democratic controlled Congress and especially the House controlled by Nancy Pelosi will squash this resolution and continue to endorse George W Bush, but I will try none the less to help this resolution along otherwise, I am no better than blind supporters of George W Bush or GW himself.

Mobile post sent by 001brettbum using Utterzreply-count Replies.

No comments: