Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Not a lot of Gridlock for Boudoir Photography Careers

Warning, this is just kind of whacky.  I was working online today doing some research for a client that has a photography business on the East Coast.  I came across a photography site for what appears to be a very good photographer on the West Coast that specializes in Wedding Boudoir photography?

What is that you might ask?

image

Well, its basically when a lady that is getting married wants to give her fiance something special on their wedding night.  So she has some tasteful pictures taken by a very good photographer of her depicted in some sexy poses.  We're not talking about Playboy type stuff here, just sexy poses of strategically covered bodies.

image

The concept is that when a woman gets married, odds are she will never be in that good of shape again (it all goes down hill after that point and this is a nice way apparently for women to recognize that even if its not explicit).  So after spending months planning the wedding, dieting and exercising, they get some pictures made for their future husband so that they can remember just how hot they were when they got married.

So anyway, I stumbled upon this niche business and just found it rather humorous.  I doubt you will see many Atlanta jobs posted with this type of career path, despite the international art school located there now (Savannah College of Art and Design 3rd largest art school in the world now).

Now, I've been married for close to 14 years.  Its a bit late in the game for me to consider what I would think if my wife had this made for me, but in retrospect, if she had had something like this made, I think I probably would have liked it.  Many of the site's clients seem to be very happy with the work, and the photographer definitely is very good, which does likely make all the difference in the world.

No comments: