Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Sack Michael Vick Campaign

I do not normally find common cause with PETA.  I love to eat steak and do not have a problem wearing leather shoes or coats. 

I do not subscribe to believing in animal torture or dog fighting.

So I have found common cause with PETA attempts to have Michael Vick Sacked.  I enjoyed watching him play football.  I cheered him and the Falcons on (I live outside Atlanta, but am originally a Bears fan from Illinois.)

His involvement in allowing dog fights to take place on his property is a perfect example at a minimum of someone allowing something bad to happen while possibly maintaining the ability to say, I didn't know so I'm not responsible.

That doesn't work for Vick, it doesn't work for Bush and if Hitler were trying to hide behind that type of excuse, it wouldn't work for Hitler either.  All three have allowed bad things to happen in areas of their responsibility and at worst ordered or promoted those bad things to happen.

That's why Vick needs to be sacked by the NFL.

That's not enough though.  Vick needs to be sacked by Nike as well.  So PETA has just offered up a link where you can make your voice heard at Nike headquarters and let them know that you do not support a company that supports a dog killer.

Send in your Petition to Nike today.

No comments: