Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hillary's Campaign Reminds Me I can vote early in NC

First, I am not a Hillary supporter.  I am definitely completely undecided as I do not like any of the three candidates.  I am currently registered as a Democrat I believe here in North Carolina.

A couple weeks back, I covered a speech given by Bill Clinton and now I must be on a mailing list for the campaign as I just picked up this email offering an early reminder to go vote now in the North Carolina Primary (Early Voting Season is here).  I may actually go vote early, just so that I can spend more time on election day covering the action myself as opposed to waiting in line.

Dear Brett,
North Carolina is going to play a key role in picking the Democratic nominee for president, and you don't have to wait to vote.
North Carolina’s primary is on May 6, but you can vote for Hillary today. Early voting in North Carolina began on April 16 and ends on May 3.
Registered voters can show up, walk in, and cast a ballot for Hillary. No lines, no waiting.
Visit our website to find the early vote location in your county.
We're expecting record turnout in North Carolina this year, so early voting is an easy and convenient way to avoid the long lines on Election Day. You can vote on your own schedule.
We want to make sure every North Carolinian has an opportunity to vote early and make their voice heard. So find your early vote location by clicking here, and tell your friend, family, and neighbors to head down, register (they will need a North Carolina ID or utility bill to show proof of residency), and cast their votes for Hillary!
I hope you can get out and vote early.
Thank you for all you're doing to help Hillary win.
Ace Smith
State Director
Hillary Clinton for President

Regardless, the email above will not influence my vote any more than Oprah influences my book (or candidate) choices.  Her latest that I will ignore is A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose.  I've already awakened to my life's purpose.  :)

No comments: