Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Hillary Says its Time to Play "Who Wants to be a Telemarketer?"

I guess I can expect a lot of telemarketing phone calls this weekend.  I just received an email from the Hillary Clinton Campaign asking if I want to be a telemarketer.

Truth be told, I don't want to be a telemarketer.  I've been there and done that working inside sales and I don't feel the need to go back to cold calling anyone on a Saturday.  Thanks anyway!  :)

image

No, I'd rather dress up in equestrian clothing and hike through the desert without any water.

I talked about this email a bit with some family members and we talked a lot about how this election cycle has taught both campaigns how to get out and touch every single voter across the United States.  In the old days, you were in the minority if you actually saw or heard from a politician.  These days, you are in the minority if you haven't actually seen, touched or heard a politician somewhere near your house or home town.

Ten years from now, we'll probably have high definition toilet paper TV with politicians talking to to our attention giving face while we put the TP to good effect.  Seems like a lot of effort and money down the drain to me.

No comments: