Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Wirefly Helps Callers Choose Plans that fit their Calling Patterns

A Helpful Message for Our Sponsor

Over time our calling needs and pattern often change. 

History of a Changing Pattern

Three years ago I primarily relied on my office phone for my business calls.  My wife and I utilized are cell phones and the free family time to talk with each other for just a couple dollars a month.  We used the extra minutes to reduce our long distance bill on our home phone.

Two years ago I spent a huge amount of time on my cell phone day and night taking calls from around the globe at all hours.  My office phone forwarded to my cell phone and so did my voice mail.  The phone rang off the hook.

One year ago as I transitioned into the life of a writer and consultant, my phone calls slowed down considerably, but my mobile email lit up like a Christmas tree.  My wife changed jobs and teaches now.  The school she works in has no cellular repeaters and she can not get a signal inside so we do not use the cell phones to talk any more.  We use email and text messages, which are smaller in signal size and apparently can sneak out of the school and make it to me over the network.

Today, I work with many international clients and write the majority of my work at night.  I sleep through the US morning and do not take any calls at that time.  I only use the phone when I am traveling and then I rely on it completely.

The point is that over time our needs change.  Sometimes our carriers can keep up with our changing needs and sometimes they miss the boat entirely.

Our sponsor Wirefly specializes in helping customers find the right plan to fit their current needs.  They also help find the right plans to go with that phone.  We often look at plans when we need a new phone.  Sometimes however it is much more cost effective and productive (not to mention likely to keep your spouse happy) to switch to plans that make you more accessible without over paying for the service.

No comments: