Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Avoid Hotel Gridlock-Vacation in a Beach Rental

The last thing you want to deal with when you go on vacation is hotel gridlock. When I think of a hotel I think of a business trip. When I think of a vacation I think of a big beach house. I'm sure that doesn't work the same for everybody, we all make our own associations, but I don't like gridlock and that's how my brain works.

If you fly all the way to the South Pacific for a Hawaii vacation, do you really want to stay in a super 8 Motel? I doubt it.

And you go to Hawaii, a beach rental, maybe a nice little villa by the beach is probably going to be much more relaxing and if you do your homework it's probably going to be cheaper too! That holds especially true if you go on a family vacation. why reserve three or four rooms for a big family vacation at a hotel, when you pick it a lot more space through a Hawaii beach rental. Plus with a beach rental you're going to be closer to the ocean.

Now I know there are a number of high-rise hotels that are right on the beach these days. But you can't walk out of your balcony window and jump into the ocean. 30 or 50 floors up is a long way to fall into the ocean. If you lease a beach condo for a week or two, you can walk right out the door and over a dune and you're at the water.

Putting up your family and a beach condo can be a lot cheaper than a hotel for lots of reasons. For one thing, if you pay $200 a night per realm and you have four rooms, that's $800 a night. That would cost $5,600 for a week. You can rent a beach condo for half that price typically can get just as many bedrooms, plus a living room and kitchen and maybe a few bicycles boogie boards or surf boards thrown in.

You get the convenience of a large refrigerator in a normal stove and you can save money by shopping at local grocery stores, or picking up some great fresh seafood. Now if you really want to be in a hotel sure you can spend 10 times the amount of money on food, that's your choice, but it's not for me.

Now I've done this before, I'm not just talking about it. Next time I go to lie I've got my eye on staying in the Hawaii travel packages on Maui. As you can see from their images, this sea turtle isn't experiencing too much Gridlock!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

There are links to our website, www.hawaiianbeachrentals.com, on this post, and also at:
http://gridlock-on-rye.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

Can you please remove the post or just our links?

Best regards,
Jeff