Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Testing the Forex Market For Gridlock

This week and I was working on my finances a bit .  Over the last couple of months I've been primarily focused on my home and my dad and I haven't been focused as much on my other investments.  I've just been consumed with a refinance and a potential move this summer.

It is however very important to keep itself balanced especially when your finances are involved.  So I was looking to get back in the saddle and start focusing on my other finances when I stumble across a relatively new website called Fxground.com at http://www.fxground.com/.

This is a website that is a bit of a mix between a foreign exchange forum and a foreign exchange social networking platform.  The website allows traders on the Forex exchange to provide information to other traders or two investors seeking more information about Forex trading.

The social networking twist is that all of the other traders on the website, or the members as I do not believe the members have to be traders, can then rates the traders themselves or the advice that they provide as a kind of forex reviewers club.

I would compare it a little bit too the website digg.com, which has people submit news stories from all around the Internet which are then raided by the members of digg.com.  This model basically allows the community to self police or self edit content.

In addition to editing the contents, a merit rating of the content and the content provider are also provided by the community as a group.  This can significantly help other members and traders identify popular trends, methodologies, techniques and just plain good advice.

The website is relatively new and it seems to be off to a good start.  I think the website will improve with time as they tweak their themes and templates to provide larger fonts and darker colors with more contrast.  However, the functionality of the site seems to you relatively strong for a brand-new site and I think they've got a good foundation to build on.

Here are a few of the sections that stood out to me as I stop by the site:

Ranking of members on Fxground.com

Member Reviews of Recent Markets

Quick View of the Fxground.com Forum

No comments: