Editorial on the news of the Day and Review of the Gridlock around the world.

Friday, June 15, 2007

When Hot Stalkers Strike Candidates on YouTube

What happens in 2007 when a stalker makes a video about a Presidential Candidate?

  1. Do they go to jail?
  2. Get tracked by the Secret Service?
  3. Do something awaful?
  4. Produce a music video?

If you chose number four you might be closer to reality.  A supposed adoring Barak Obama fan named Obama Girl put together a music video on YouTube called "I Got a Crush . . . on Obama."

Now calling her a stalker might be a little much, but 20 years ago and that's probably what it would have been.

These days I think theremight be something more sinister going on here.  I smell a setup.

Just like the Obama (almost backed) Apple Commercial Remake featuring Hillary Clinton, I think that Obama Girl is really an Obama girl.  I'm not talking about an Obama groupy, but a con artist pretending to be a fan.

What do you think?

I think the fix is in myself. I could be wrong, but something about this video just doesn't seem to be entirely natural. Don't get me wrong, its entirely plausible in a YouTube world where people can produce video in minutes and forego the movie theatres for a big flat screen or projector system at home complete with home theater seating in the living room.

I just think this is fishy on intuition alone. This is a blog and doesn't require proof of an absolute variety. Its just my opinion.

No comments: